[Zope] Periodic task in a Zope 2 environment

Thibaud Morel l'Horset teebes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 14:03:20 EST 2009

I'm guessing that AJ's solution is the best to implement.

What I did to solve this problem is simply create a few crons on the server
that each do a mechanize (http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/mechanize/) http
call to a specific location in Zope which basically acts as a private API:
when called, it executes a function that triggers whatever needs to happen.
I hard-coded a check that the source IP must be the specific internal
address of the server Zope runs on. That way I know that the functions can't
be called from the outside.

Not the best solution, and I wouldn't really recommend it to someone else,
but it's easy and it works for me.

- Thibaud