[Zope] How to use ZCatalog to create a sitemap

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Thu Jan 15 07:33:48 EST 2009

I use recursive DTML method for cca 500 folders in about 8 levels. Rendering
tooks under 1 second, with relativelly complex rendering (javascript menu,
tables, background images and styles by URL...). I use one hour RAM cache
for this method.

To even even more folders, it is better to use external method, which is
much faster and you dont need to use cache (only browser's cache - use HTTP
cache object).

Both ways I use, but external method sometime need to recompile after server
restart (click to "save changes" button).

I think, that using Zcatalog for this issue is not the right way.