[Zope] Problem with POST and text/xml

Jonathan (dev101) dev101 at magma.ca
Sat Jul 11 10:17:08 EDT 2009

As a quick test I modified HTTPRequest.py to turn off the zope assumption
that all POST requests with content-type of text/xml are xmlrpc requests.

This had the effect of eliminating the xmlrpc error that zope was raising,
but a side effect is that the xml data is not available within the REQUEST
object.

I don't think the patch submitted for bug 373663 will fix this behaviour
(ie. it will resolve the xmlrpc error, but it won't make the xml data
contained within the POST request available).

Any ideas on how to get access to the xml data?!  (and re-writing the entire
app with Grok is not something I really want to do!)

Thanks,

Jonathan