[Zope] VHM missing 'mappings' tab in Safari 4 - just me?

Sean Fulmer wsfulmer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 10:10:04 EDT 2009

Tres Seaver <tseaver at ...> writes:

> Sean Fulmer wrote:
> > Hi all - I recently upgraded to Safari 4 on Leopard 10.5.7. Since doing
> > so, my Zopes' VHM objects no longer show me the 'Mappings' (mange_edit)
> > tab. The same thing happens in recent WebKit nightlies.
> >
> > It does not appear to be a rendering bug - the tab isn't even the markup.
> >
> > Other browsers I've tried (Firefox 3.0.11, Opera 9.65, Camino 2.0b3) don't
> > exhibit the problem.
> >
> > I've checked this on Zope 2.8.5 and 2.10.5 with the same result.
> >
> > I realize this is more of a Safari problem than a Zope problem, but I was
> > just curious if anyone else had run into this, and if so, could suggest a
> > solution.
>
> This smells like a permissions problem, and particularly the "Add Site
> Roots" permission.  Is "Site Root" in the ZMI add menu when you use Safari?
> in Firefox?  And are you double-sure that you are logging in with the same
> credentials in both browsers? To double check, don't let either browser
> supply the password:  type it yourself.

Thanks for the advice!

I've checked my authentication in both browsers, and they are the same.

SiteRoot does appear in the Add menu in Safari, and I'm able to add one with
no complaints from Zope.

I should mention that I have no problems setting my VHM mappings, eg I can
manually navigate to http://domain.com/virtual_hosting/manage_edit in Safari 4
and set the mappings. It's just that virtual_hosting/manage_main does not
present the link, eg:

manage_main:
http://shots.noandwhere.com/vhm_manage_main_missing_mappings_tab.png

When I do go to manage_edit directly, the Mappings tab *does* appear:
http://shots.noandwhere.com/vhm_manage_edit_has_mappings.png

Crazy, right?

--
Sean