[Zope] How to use ZPT with ad-hoc context?

Daniel Dekany ddekany at freemail.hu
Mon May 4 16:17:38 EDT 2009

Monday, May 4, 2009, 9:18:52 PM, Hedley Roos wrote:

>>> __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ = 1
>>
>> That indeed works, thanks!
>>
>>> You probably should not use that line too often :)
>>
>> I would prefer doing it correctly/safely, but is there a way? Because
>> it even exposes the unprotected subobjects of the acquired objects...
>> sounds a bit scary to me.
>
> I don't know what your use case is, but you could either:
> 1) Expose attributes through methods on your Adhoc class
> 2) Use a browser view, which is what I'd do.

The use-case is that there is a product that collects information from
other objects, depending on the current user and on query parameters,
and that collected information should be present as a HTML page... so
I think 1) won't work here. Regarding 2), I don't know this "browser
view" thing, but I recon that's a Five/Zope 3 feature, is it? Because
unfortunately it's a messy 2.7.6 + Plone 2.0 instance here, and it's
not like I can migrate it before the current job is done.

> Hedley

Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany