[Zope] Non-management actions recorded in Undo Log

John Snowdon J.P.Snowdon at Newcastle.ac.uk
Wed May 6 06:36:23 EDT 2009

Hi, we've recently seen a the Data.fs in a few of our Zope systems grow
rather fat (from stable sizes around the 100-300MB level to >3GB in the
most extreme cases).

On further investigation it appears that regular user page requests are
being recorded in the Zope undo log - these are not object modifications
that have changed the objects themselves (the modification date against
all these objects is unchanged), but normal HTTP GET requests.

Systems are all 2.11.0 Zope clients with Data.fs served by matching
versions of Zeo. Not all of our 2.11.0 apps that are showing this
behaviour, only a couple, so I doubt it's something wrong with Zope or
ZEO.

I'm not a Zope developer, but can anyone shed any light on the possible
issues that would cause regular requests to be logged in this way?

Regards

John