[Zope] Disabling "Expand macros when editing"

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 07:46:52 EDT 2009

Maurits van Rees wrote:
> Looks like this *was* reported earlier and already fixed in Zope
> 2.10.7.  :-)  The changelog says:
>
> Launchpad #262313: respect the Expand macros when editing flag when
> editing a page template through the ZMI
>
> So Daymon: please switch to 2.10.7 or later.

I've been bitten by this too, in Zope 2.12 ;-)

I think the problem is that Zope *used* to ignore the .expand attribute,
but now doesn't.

I solved this problem with a script as follows:

for pt in app.ZopeFind(app,
                        obj_metatypes=('Page Template'),search_sub=1):
     pt.expand=0

Put that in `somefile.py` in your zope instance and then do:

bin/zopectl run somefile.py

hth,

Chris