[Zope] Question about Upgrading Zope and OS X Server

Richard Harley richard at scholarpack.com
Wed Dec 8 08:22:04 EST 2010

Dan - we are using 64bit Zope 2.8.7 and python 2.4 with no problems for
years now. It can do everything we want with regards to Python
scripting, database connectivity etc.

I can't think of any huge problems with staying on Zope 2.8.6/7 era. I
have said before 2.10+ breaks lots of products that would take ages to
hack about (especially for companies using Zope not individuals with
time on their hands). I'm all for upgrading, bug fixing and refactoring
normally, but the backwards compatibility with Zope makes it harder than
it should be.

Rich