[Zope] problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX

Riccardo Lemmi riccardo at reflab.it
Sun Nov 28 05:24:56 EST 2010

smita kamdar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am supposed to set up development environment for a project. & for that I
> have already installed Zope-2.11.4, Python-2.4.4, Egenix-2.0.6,
> Postgresql-7.4.13, & Psycopg-1.1.6 on a RedHat LINUX box.
>

> Now I need to install OpenFlow-1.1.0 in the Products directory of Zope. I
> tried installing OpenFlow source tar ball by the following instructions ?
>
> ./configure
>
> Make
>
> Sudo make install
>

> All of the above commands worked successfully. But still I am not able to
> see the openflow product on the Zope Management Interface Screen. Can you
> please suggest something? It?s really urgent. Am I missing any steps while
> installing OpenFlow? Please Help me.
>

> Regards,
>
> Smita

First of all you need to make a correct installation of Zope: use 'make inplace'
followed by './bin/mkzopeinstance.py'.
In the created zope instance switch to the Products folder and unpack the
OpenFlow tgz file.

The problem is: the code is old and not working with the last zope versions. The
fix is simple: in the file expression.py change line
 from Products.PageTemplates.Expressions import getEngine, _SecureModuleImporter
in
 from Products.PageTemplates.Expressions import getEngine, SecureModuleImporter

and remove

  SecureModuleImporter = _SecureModuleImporter()

(at least in the version I have)

If you need a workflow engine modern and up-to-date I counsel to integrate
openwfe (now 'route': http://ruote.rubyforge.org/)
--
Riccardo Lemmi