[Zope] Plone the new Zope?

Brian Sullivan briansullivan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:46:52 EDT 2010

I haven't done any Zope work for quite a while and have just restarted
out of necessity. Things seem to have changed in the last few years.

I get the impression from the age of the Zope installs, the state of
disrepair and link rot of the zope.org site that Zope is in its final
death throes as an independent entity ? I tried to look for an
independent version of Plone that I can install on an existing Zope =
the only install I could find is a complete installer including Zope.

Is Plone the new Zope?