[Zope] Help in deciding approach to Web App

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Mon Dec 5 10:25:18 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011, 16:15:13 schrieben Sie:
> As you mentioned, if I have to use mySQL, isn't it better for me to go with
> PHP+mySQL - easier to learn and deploy?

...just from my experience:

PHP is - for different, but mainly technical/historical reasons - very widely
spread within web applications, one major reason was/is i.e. the large
(because "easy") availability on low cost hosting environments in the past -
but the most advantages was/are on the side of the hosting providers....

PHP might be easier to learn then other languages or frameworks, but
maintaining large / complex applications / software projects within PHP could
be a real mess.

We develop nearly any web application with Zope / ZODB since >= 10 years but
are a hosting company byself - so we was not bound to PHP as many other
internet hosting users in the past. A colleagues company produces very high
level expert systems on Perl and Catalyst - requiring high skilled Perl
programmers.