[Zope] zope 2.11.4 + zmysqlda

Michele Marcionelli michele.marcionelli at math.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 3 08:51:37 EDT 2011

Hi Oliver

to check if you installed Zope-Products correctly, you can have a look in the control panel:

http://localhost/Control_Panel/Products/manage_main

If you see *broken* icons, then you have installed something incorrectly. Try also checking the logfile event.log.

Regards,
Michele

On Jun 3, 2011, at 10:34 , Oliver wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying configure zope 2.11.4 + zmysqlda under Windows, for connecting it to a mysql database.
> I've done the next:
>
> 1) With zope stopped, I've downloaded zmysqlda, the last version 2.0.8, and I copy it to ""C:\Zope\2.11.4\Zope\lib\
> python\Products". It's a dir named "ZMySQLDA".
> 2) It needs for woking mysql-python, so I've downloaded the last version 1.2.2, as windows binary, of "http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/files/mysql-python/1.2.2/", the file named MySQL-python-1.2.2.win32-py2.4.exe. It needs a python registered in the windows registry, and the python of zope is not registered in the installation, so I've added a manual entry in the registry:
>
> HKLM\Software\python\pythoncore\2.4\InstallPath, here I put a entry as reg_sz type with the value: "C:\Zope\2.11.4\Python\"
>
> It works well ... For testing it, I go the zope python shell and I put: import _mysql, it doesn't show error ...
>
> 3) I start zope service, but when I go to the dropdown "Add" in zope root folder, I don't have Z Mysql ... What I do bad? I have another products working well, as Ldapuserfolder, for example.
> Thanks beforehand.
>
> Cheers...

Michele Marcionelli · mm at ethz.ch · +41 44 632 6193
* Please consider the environment before printing