[Zope] Migrating a legacy Zope2 app to use buildout.

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:57:00 EDT 2011

Hello,

Currently, we have a Portal that was built starting in 2004 before
buildout was available, so our development method has been to export
and import from the Zope2 WebUI for deployment. That's been a real
pain and since we've automated the rest of our infrastructure with
Chef we'd like to be able to do that with Zope. So my question is does
anyone have pointers for migrating an app that mostly lives in the
ZODB to a build-out style architecture that we could control with
Chef? I see tutorials on starting a new Zope 2 app from scratch with
buildout but nothing on migrating an older one to build out. For
example, how would we create objects like MySQLUserFolders etc from
buildout? Thank you in advance.

-J