[Zope] CMF -?-> Zope

Eric d'Halibut eric.halibut at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:14:15 EDT 2011

On 6/23/11, robert rottermann <robert at redcor.ch> wrote:

> as root (or using virtualenv)
> easy_install-2.6 -U ZopeSkel
> then as user zope (or what ever)
> paster create -t plone4_buildout NAMEOFNEWBUILDOUT

This last command gives me a sternly-worded, and appearing, warning:

**   *** NOTE: You probably don't want to use this template!

**  Since Plone 3.1, the preferred way to get a buildout-based setup
**  for Plone is to use the standard installer for your operating
**  system (the Windows installer, the Mac installer, or the Unified
**  Installer for Linux/Unix/BSD).

How big a deal is this, especially in view of me running said command
under the /home/ hierarchy where it's not going to -- I hope -- do
much systemic damage?

And what if someone wants simply to install Zope and the CMF, and not
yet make the leap to Plone?

It seems the "message" I am getting is 'all roads lead to Plone!'

Thanks,

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely