[Zope] Problem Understanding URL

Jared Hall JHall at riverainc.com
Mon Jul 23 16:55:42 UTC 2012

I think I have a simple question about how Zope is handling requests. My current task is to understand an already-written Zope web application.

One thing I can't wrap my head around is this URL:

https://mysite.com/UserManagement/Users/asmithS/

Speaking in Zope terms, the UserManagement object is contained in the top-level product. In the UserManagement object, there is a Users object. That's all fine and dandy, run of the mill, acquisition/containment. However, the Users object has no asmithS object. In fact, asmithS is just a username, which makes the last field in the URL essentially a parmeter on the Users object.