[Zope] PAS & scripted auth

Sebastian Tänzer st at taenzer.me
Mon Jun 1 23:01:59 CEST 2015

Hello Tres (maintainer of PAS) and Zope community,

I’m trying to get PAS replace CookieCrumpler to do authentication to Zope2 from a python script/Product or external method.

Is there a how-to or tutorial somewhere how to get started on this?

What I want is to authenticate a user through a web login form as Cookie Crumbler does (but I’d like to to it from my own script that does other things,too).

I’ve

- installed PAS
- replaced the default acl_users in my folder
- added a ZODB user folder
- added a CookieAuthHelper

Now, how do I authenticate the user to Zope if I have a username and password (i.e. from request.get(‚username‘) etc.)

Best regards
Sebastian