[Zope] issue with authentication

Sebastian Tänzer st at taenzer.me
Sat Jun 27 13:17:38 CEST 2015

Yamana,

did you try to login with the recovery user/password?

To do so you have to create an emerceny user using the zpasswd.py script (locatet either at site-packages/Zope2/Startup/misc/zpasswd.py or site-packages/Zope2/utilities/zpasswd.py I Zope was installed from egg.

Example in command line/terminal on our systems (virtualenv used):

cd —path to your zope instance --
/opt/python/zope2-pip/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Zope2/utilities/zpasswd.py -u <user> -p <password> access

This creates an access file in the bin folder. Move this file to the root of the instance:

cd bin
mv access ..

Now restart Zope and you should be able to login using the new credentials.
Correct what you broke then ;-)

Best
Sebastian