[Zope] Zope2 - pro/contra

FLORAC Thierry thierry.florac at onf.fr
Wed Mar 4 13:29:56 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm currently maintaining applications using Zope2, Zope3/Bluebream and Pyramid applications (using ZODB).
I don't have any problem on any of them, even on the oldest Zope2 applications which are more than 10 years old but always need zero maintenance and are as stable as mountains.

But I have to say that Zope2 looks quite old now, and TTW development for example have (from my own point of view) many drawbacks.
So for my own needs I wouldn't start a new project using Zope2 but would use Pyramid + ZODB which is a really good stack; Pyramid is well documented and really pleasant to use, and you can reuse many principles that were introduced by Zope, but the framework was cleaned and reduced to the really usefull parts (while many optional ones are available as add-ons packages).

Regards,
Thierry