[Zope] ZEO manageUndo not working - DisconnectedError

Sebastian Tänzer st at taenzer.me
Wed May 6 10:51:46 CEST 2015

Good morning all,

after further testing we noticed our Zope2 virtualenv setup was done with the ZMS3 (CMS) install routine using pip install ZMS3 --process-dependency-links. This installed different package versions.

The original pip Zope2 uses these versions: http://pastebin.com/ZEwhVba0
The ZMS3 people use these versions: http://pastebin.com/iu43Ss5w

For example, the ZMS3 setup uses:

	• ZopeUndo==4.0
	• ZODB==4.1.0
	• ZODB3==3.11.0

as the original Zope2 uses:

	• ZODB3==3.10.5

No ZEO, no ZODB packages.

Why is Zope2 using the old 3.10 ZODB version and why is there no ZODB4 installed? ZEO server and clients still work fine without these packages.

The thing is, I notice a lot worse performance with the ZODB, especially with traversal, using the native Zope2 setup routine. Catalog search takes almost 2-3 seconds compared to the ZMS3 versions with a local non-ZEO-Zope instance. With the ZMS3 versions ZODB usage is a LOT faster, but there are problems with Undo for example in combination with ZEO.

Any ideas on this? I don’t get this version jungle...

Best
Sebastian