[Zope] Problemwith unicode

Miguel Beltran R. yourpadre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 23:56:35 CEST 2016

Hi list, my system is Zope 2.11.4 with default enconding iso-8859-1 for
in/out and SQL Server 2008.

I'm trying to fix a bad desing with a sql server database. it has a mix of
encodings, traditional_spanish and modern_spanish. And some tables with
both type of fields, unicode and normal (nvarchar and varchar) .

The new database is Latin-1 enconding (SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI) with
only varchar fields.

Using the ZMI if I check the "Z SQL Method" the data is displayed
correctly, but using a "page template" it gives me this error

*Expression: <StringExpr u' ${repeat/items/number}. ${items/nombre}'>*

{'container': <Folder at /control-emisiones/campos used for
/control-emisiones/oficio/alta>,
 'context': <Folder at /control-emisiones/campos used for
/control-emisiones/oficio/alta>,
 'default': <object object at 0x00ADC528>,
 'here': <Folder at /control-emisiones/campos used for
/control-emisiones/oficio/alta>,
 'loop': {u'items': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.PathIterator
object at 0x078877D0>},
 'nothing': None,
 'options': {'busqueda': 1, 'args': ()},
 'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object at
0x07802530>,
 'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://10.28.1.2:91/control-emisiones/oficio/alta/index_html>,
 'root': <Application at >,
 'template': <ZopePageTemplate at /control-emisiones/campos/campo__oficio_tipo>,
 'traverse_subpath': [],
 'user': <User 'admin'>}

- Module zope.tales.expressions, line 263, in __call__UnicodeDecodeError:
'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 10: ordinal not in
range(128)

The data transfer was made using database tools (DTWizard).

why it is happening this?