[Zope] Zope Migration Help

Diarmuid Coyle coyledp at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 11:34:33 CEST 2016

Hi
I am very new to Zope and have recently inherited a legacy Redhat 4 system that some infrastructure based on Zope 2.x and I would like some advice please. My task is to migrate to a Redhat 7 system with same functionality including Zope and its associated modules. The original system is a 32 bit VM and the target one is 64 bit so I see issues immediately. I need to get Zope to as high a version as possible but some early attempts have failed and I am struggling.

I'd like to know:
1. Is it possible to migrate to Zope 3.x or 4.x from 2.x and is it worth it?
2. From your experience what is the most effective method of migrating?

3. Is is better to put the existing 2.x system in a Docker container and move it as a component?

If any of you out there are freelancers with expertise in migration of Zope I would be interested in paying for some of your time to help me with this.

regardsDiarmuid CoyleITSPCambridgeUK
PS: If this is the wrong forum for this post, sorry, let me know where should post it. :-)