[Zope] [Zope-dev] Annoucement: Zope2 2.13.27 released

Michael Brunnbauer brunni at netestate.de
Mon Jan 29 10:31:14 CET 2018

hi

I used to install with

 ./bin/easy_install --index-url=http://download.zope.org/Zope2/index/2.13.xx/ Zope2

but I remember a conversation here that this is deprecated and support will
be dropped at any time. No idea wether that time has arrived but the 2.13.27
directory is not populated yet.

So the correct method to install with virtualenv is the one described here?

 https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/2.13/INSTALL-virtualenv.html

./bin/pip install \
 --no-binary zc.recipe.egg \
 -r https://zopefoundation.github.io/Zope/releases/2.13.27/requirements.txt

pip says "no such option: --no-binary" but I am still using
distribute-0.6.45 and virtualenv-1.9.1 (the virtualenv pip seems to be 1.3.1
shipped with virtualenv). I have many options now and not a clue which one
will work and what would break then:

-Update virtualenv
-Update distribute and virtualenv
-Install pip
-Switch to setuptools (probably the recommended way which would break most
 things? :-))

cu,
brunni

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 03:56:19PM +0100, Michael Howitz wrote:
> On behalf of Zope developer community I am pleased to announce the
> release of Zope2 2.13.27.
>
> You can download it via PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/Zope2/2.13.27
>
> For more information on what is new resp. fixed in this release, see the
> change log: https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/2.13/CHANGES.html#id1
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Michael Howitz

++  Michael Brunnbauer
++  netEstate GmbH
++  Geisenhausener Straße 11a
++  81379 München
++  Tel +49 89 32 19 77 80
++  Fax +49 89 32 19 77 89
++  E-Mail brunni at netestate.de
++  http://www.netestate.de/
++
++  Sitz: München, HRB Nr.142452 (Handelsregister B München)
++  USt-IdNr. DE221033342
++  Geschäftsführer: Michael Brunnbauer, Franz Brunnbauer
++  Prokurist: Dipl. Kfm. (Univ.) Markus Hendel