[Zope3-dev] WORKFLOW: Notes on WFMC and XPDL

Ulrich Eck lists at net-labs.de
Thu Dec 2 07:34:37 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

it seems you spent many hours studying the WfMC Docs ;-)

i think your restrictions make sense for a initial implementation effort
- the remaining features can be added later when we have some experience
with doing activity-based workflow in z3.

Am Montag, den 29.11.2004, 14:31 -0500 schrieb Jim Fulton:
> A key issue is how to interface process definitions with the rest of
> the system.  Process definitions integrate with the rest of the system
> through application and participant definitions. Applications appear
> to be like functions, with input and output arguments, however, there
> is an important difference.  Application invocation and return are
> asynchronous. An application instance is created and usually can't be
> executed immediately (for example if there is a human performer).

afaik there is no way to invoke functions/methods asynchronous in z3 at
this time. how do you plan to do so and how would user-interaction then
happen - all of z3-interaction is based on a single request that ends up
in a web-page/result?

cheers
Ulrich

--