[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1.0 Release TODO list

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Dec 4 12:59:47 EST 2004

Paul Winkler wrote:
> Sounds great. I'm afraid I'm behind the times here...
> Is there a plan for indexing/cataloging?
> The FAQ still says that ZCatalog will be replaced by ObjectHub,
> but I seem to recall that the ObjectHub was being killed off?
> am I mistaken?

There is an intid utility that assigns integer ids to objects.
There is also a catalog, which uses this and supports index management
and searching.  I plan to do a lot of work on this next week. In particular,
the indexing apis need a lot of refactoring to efficiently support
joins across multiple indexes and catalogs.

I expect cataloging to be included in 3.1.

Jim