[Zope3-dev] Re: Status of homefolders?

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Thu Dec 9 06:38:29 EST 2004

I agree with Maxs view of member properties being a mess. Zope3 should
probably solve this, however. There was earlier talk about annotations
of users, I didn't follow that very closely. Maybe the port of PAs into
Zope3 touches on this. But if it's done by annotation or by another way,
there will be a standard API for setting properties on users.

There may be no standard way to STORE those properties, though, but some
sort of directory (as with CPS) is probably the right way to go.

Max M wrote:
>> That's not a problem in the member framework. Just have a script that
>> creates a member from that info. (It's maybe 2 lines in CPS for
>> instance.)
>
> It's not many more lines in Plone, but copying data should not be the
> solution. It's like the first rule of normalisation that is broken.

Then you have to store all members and contacts in the same directory,
and have a flag for which are members.