[Zope3-dev] Re: Status of homefolders?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Dec 9 10:44:17 EST 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 09:52, Joachim Werner wrote:
> > Zope poses no restrictions on the data you can store and where to store
> > it. It only requires a principal to have an id and an optional title and
> > description. Not even the login information is directly handled by the
> > principal.
>
> How exactly does Zope X3 handle cleaning up after an annotated object is
> deleted?

If they are attribute annotated objects, then the annotation is deleted with
the object. In every other case, be it principals or other objects, there
should be subscribers that listen to the ObjectDeletedEvent. I am not sure
whether all of our utilities do that right now, but it is definitely
possible.

Here is a list of utilities/services that need to listen to such removal
events:

- Integer Id Utility
- Index Utilities
- Principal Annotation Service