[Zope3-dev] Macro vs. Pagelet

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Dec 13 12:51:45 EST 2004

Tonico Strasser wrote:

> I think I now finally understand the difference between a macro and a
> pagelet :)
>
> A pagelet is a reuseable page component that can connect to a page via
> interfaces and vice versa. Is that correct?
>
> Tonico

I think that these are basically two different approaches: one is the
web developer approach (macros) the other is the application developer
approach (pagelets). The latter has a higher abstraction level since
rendering to HTML/XML ... comes last, almost as a feature.  With macros
the final rendering comes first.

/JM