[Zope3-dev] Correction to rotterdam/xmltree.js

Dave Harris dpharris76 at msn.com
Sun Jan 4 22:31:49 EST 2004

Working with the latest CVS code, I continually get javascript runtime
errors
whenever I select Manage Process or any of the buttons on the Manage Process
page.
The error is simply: Object required. And points to

            items = xmlDomElem.childNodes;

in function getCollectionChildNodes(xmlDomElem)

I traced the code back into rotterdam/xmltree.js (there just has to be a
better way to
do that)

The following change (rightly or wrongly) eliminates the runtime errors:

-       var items = xmlDomElem.childNodes;
-       var numitems = items.length;
        var currentItem;

        var currentItem;
+       var items;
+       var numitems;
+       if (xmlDomElem) {
+           items = xmlDomElem.childNodes;
+           numitems = items.length;
+       }

Browser: IE 6.0.28 SP2
Configuration from 'Zope3 Runtime Information' page
Zope version: Development/Unknown
Python version: 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)]
System platform: win32
Command line: z3.py

FWIW,