[Zope3-dev] Re: recent changes to adding UI

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Jan 5 09:06:49 EST 2004

Garrett Smith wrote:
> I've integrated the adding mechanism into a slightly more robust
> framework that uses an 'add' form to get initial values from users when
> adding a new item. The need to

> customize page titles,

You can do this now.

> button captions,

Could you be more specific? Now we have a standard add button.
You can customize the label used by probiding an alternative
translation for the zope:add-button or zope:add-button-label message
ids.  This will affect all add buttons, which I think is a good thing.

> etc. is something that any UI should provide.

I'm not in favor of supporting "etc". ;)

Could you be more specific?  It's rather unproductive to talk in such
generalities.

> Rather than try to overload the existing adding mechanism, however,
> we'll just create our own an look for ways to contribute down the road
> after the many more important issues are addressed.

ok

Jim