[Zope3-dev] Changes to the schema package

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jan 7 10:42:46 EST 2004

Jim,

>>> I'm confused. Which XXX are you refering to?
>>
>> Lots of, e.g. from src/zope/schema/interfaces.py
>>
>> class IBytes(IMinMaxLen, IEnumerated, IIterable, IField):
>>     # XXX IEnumerated will be removed in the future.
>>     u"""Field containing a byte data(binary!).
>>
>>     The value might be contrained to be with length limits.
>>     """
>> class IASCII(IMinMaxLen, IEnumerated, IIterable, IField):
>>     # XXX IEnumerated will be removed in the future.
>>     u"""Field containing a byte string (like the python str).
>>
>>     The value might be contrained to be with length limits.
>>     """
>>
>> class IText(IMinMaxLen, IEnumerated, IIterable, IField):
>>     # XXX IEnumerated doesn't make sense for multi-line strings, so will
>>     # be removed in the future.
>

> OK, you were talking about IEnumerated, rather than Enumerated.

Well, since these interfaces are derived from IEnumerated, their
implementations are derived from Enumerated. I want that to go away,
too, of course. Where it says, "IEnumerated doesn't make sense for
multi-line strings", I read "Functionality promised in IEnumerated
doesn't make sense for multi-line strings", which is exactly my
reasoning for removing Enumerated from these Fields.

Philipp