[Zope3-dev] Accessing parent information when creating a composant

Nicolas Évrard nicoe at altern.org
Wed Jan 7 11:12:00 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm learning zope3 for two weeks now, and I am beginning to get things
rights. I have not play with service and utilities yet but it's on my
todo list (as is also get all the power from the adapters, I think I
probably underestimate them).

I've started with the messageboard, and rewrite it from scratch. Made
two classes : Blog and BlogEntry. blogentries must be contained in a
blog. A blog maintains a list of theme it talks about.

Now I'd like to have a dropdown widget on the creation of a blogentry to
select a theme this entry is about. Unfortunatly, there is not enough
context to get the parent of the, yet to be created, blogentry (indeed
since I'm using an adding view and I suppose that is the context sent).

I tried using a vocabulary in this way but I've got a

    TypeError: iteration over non-sequence

why I'm using it and moreover, it does not return the correct list. So
I am wondering if anybody has some examples or some pointers to examples
that might help me.

--
(°>  Nicolas Évrard
/ )  Liège - Belgique