[Zope3-dev] i18n scripts

Gintautas gintautas.m at takas.lt
Wed Jan 7 14:42:24 EST 2004

Hello,

I've been playing with Zope3 i18n and I've run into an issue. I cannot
get the string extracting scripts, the ones in src/zope/app/translation_files,
to work.

pygettext.py works fine, but it does not handle page templates.

I think I am supposed to use extract.py (that's what the
ProgrammersTutorial suggests), but the script does not produce any
results when executed.  It looks to me that it's not runnable directly -
just a collection of classes.  However, all the zope3-related .pot files
I have seen indicate that they were created with extract.py.

Am I misunderstanding something (highly probable), or this is currently broken?

--
 Gintautas