[Zope3-dev] ZODB or zodb

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Sun Jan 11 14:23:36 EST 2004

Mark McEahern writes:
 > Seems likely that there's some migration from zodb --> ZODB that I
 > landed in the middle of?  Because the reason that import is failing is
 > that the name of the zodb package in the sources I got is ZODB not
 > zodb.  Merely renaming that folder only results in a different error.
 >
 > Seems like I should probably use a milestone release instead of current CVS?

Yikes!  We didn't think about this problem.

This is likely a matter of concern only for Windows users
(unfortunately including Cygwin).  The "zodb" package will be removed
when we're done with our changes on the zope3-zodb3-devel-branch.
They aren't done yet.  ;-(

The trunk of Zope 3 should continue to work without problems for Unix
and Linux users.  I don't know what the status is on Mac OS X; it
probably depends on the filesystem being used on that platform.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation