[Zope3-dev] ZODB or zodb

Mark McEahern mark at mceahern.com
Sun Jan 11 22:44:34 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 14:04, Jim Fulton wrote:
> As a work around, I suggest removing the ZODB directory after running
> make.

Thank you for the reply and the suggestion.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work.  Here's what I did:

  $ cvs co Zope3
  $ cd Zope3
  $ make
  $ cp sample_principals.zcml principals.zcml
  $ mv src/ZODB src/ZODB.mv
  $ make run

Output:

  python2.3 setup.py  build_ext -i
  running build_ext
  building 'zodb.btrees._zodb_btrees_OOBTree' extension
  error: src/zodb/btrees/BTreeItemsTemplate.c: No such file or directory
  make: *** [inplace] Error 1

As Tim Peters observed, what I'm ending up with is a single directory
for the two directories in CVS (ZODB and zodb).  The environment where
this is happening is cygwin on Windows XP.  That doesn't happen on Linux
(Fedora Core 1).  Windows is case-insensitive and Linux isn't.  I have
no idea what to suggest, other than to continue my experimentation on
Linux.

Cheers,

// m