[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Zope.org - AdaptersForMenuItems

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 12 11:22:18 EST 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:

> I've written a proposal for getting rid of the current browser
> menu service by recasting menu items as adapters:
>
>   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/AdaptersForMenuItems
>
> Comments are welcomed and appreciated.

In CMF I'm missing something that tells me if a menu item (action) is
active (or highlighted). With action aliases (new in CMF1.5) it's even
more difficult for me. Don't know how difficult it would be in Z3.

As Casey mentoined, icons are necessary for menus. Additionally I
suggest a css-class-name for items, so one could easy define icons with
a stylesheet.

Tonico