[Zope3-dev] ZODB or zodb

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Jan 13 12:42:19 EST 2004

[Jim]
> What happens if you do the fresh checkout like this:
>
> cvs -d:ext:tim_one at cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository co -P -d ztemp Zope3

Sorry, AFAICT there's no difference from what I reported before:

+ Initial checkout doesn't complain.
  But creates "src\ZODB", not "src\zodb".

+ Build appears to work OK.

+ test.py doesn't get off the ground, dying w/
  No module named zodb.btrees.OOBTree

+ Subsequent "cvs up -Pd" attempts from the ztemp root do
  all the same crazy things (deleting files, getting new files,
  lots of
      move away src/zodb/.../....py; it is in the way
  complaints).

+ Renaming src\ZODB to src\zodb doesn't fix the update problems,
  but does let the tests get going.

I should add a caution for experienced Windows Python users:  don't set the
envar PYTHONCASEOK instead of renaming (you'll end up damaging your Python
installation; if you do this and want to recover, go to your Python 2.3 Lib
directory and delete fcntl.pyc, which should never exist on Windows).