[Zope3-dev] AuthenticationService changes

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Jan 13 13:55:53 EST 2004

At a sprint in FBurg, we are going to make the following changes to the
"old" AuthenticationService code (src/zope/app/services/auth.py), which
has been for some time deprecated in favor of the
PluggableAuthenticationService.  Hopefully this won't hurt too many
people too badly.

- We are removing the capability for people to use the UI
  to view, manage and add users to the old Authentication Service.

- We are changing the authenticate method of the auth service
  to log a deprecation warning when it is called.

The class will remain for some period of time to allow for people to
migrate old instances to the pluggable auth service stuff.

- C