[Zope3-dev] ZODB or zodb

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Jan 13 14:13:37 EST 2004

Some better news about this, after renaming src/ZODB to src/zodb on Windows:

+ "cvs up -P" is much happier than "cvs up -d".  The only gripe
  the former makes is

    cvs server: cannot open directory /cvs-repository/Zope3/src/ZODB:
               No such file or directory
    cvs server: skipping directory src/ZODB

+ The tests run well until hitting what I believe is a pre-existing
  problem on Windows, in testNOK
  (zodb.zeo.tests.test_auth.PlainTextAuth) :

    ZConfig.SchemaResourceError: could not load package zodb/zeo:
                                 No module named zodb/zeo
    Package name: 'zodb/zeo'
    File name: 'component.xml'
    Package path: None

  I believe this is because src\zodb\zeo\schema.xml contains the
  line

    <import package="zodb/zeo"/>

  which doesn't make sense.  The line should be

    <import package="zodb.zeo"/>

  I don't know why that doesn't create a problem on Linux (I'm
  assuming it doesn't, because the only reports of this problem I've
  seen have come from Windows systems).

  I'd fix it, but given the state of my Zope3 checkout I'm very wary
  of checking anything in from it.