[Zope3-dev] Getting rid of ASCII schema field

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Jan 16 10:16:20 EST 2004

Hi there,

one last ward in the schema package remains: the ASCII field. Maybe
there's a deeper reason for its existence, I certainly can't see it.
8-byte strings should be stored with the Bytes field. Morover, ASCII is
totally equivalent to the Bytes field, so it doesn't even make a
difference. The few times where it's used in the Zope 3 source I see no
reason for not using Bytes.

Unless someone has the mercy to enlighten me what ASCII could possibly
be useful for, I will remove it next week :).

Philipp