[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Documentation and Quality Assurance

Dave Harris dpharris76 at msn.com
Tue Jan 20 17:25:01 EST 2004

[Barry Pederson]
>I have to say I think the cookbook format makes more sense for online
>documentation.  I always get the feeling with the slide presentations that
>I'm missing something.
>
>I'd imagine that if Jim's presenting the slides at a sprint, there's
>probably some extra commentary that goes with them to fill in between the
>lines?  If so, then those of us that are just looking at the text of the
>slides and nothing else are probably missing out on some key bits.

I made a similar observation in a private communication with Brad. I think
the case can be made for fleshing out the ProgrammerTutorial document, if it
is intended for unmoderated consumption.

I'm less positive about the cookbook approach. A non-directed presentation
shifts the lesson plan to the novice, who is ill-equipped to chose the
correct path (for example, "In every recipe in this book you will here (sic)
about interfaces one way or another." - from InterfacesIntroduction.)

Both are useful.

Thanks for the feedback,
Dave Harris