[Zope3-dev] RFC: Unification of requests and security contexts through Use

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Jan 21 11:34:39 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 01:09:58PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I don't like the word 'use', as it leads to sentences involving "the use
> of the use", which are highly difficult to comprehend. This is not a
> theoretical complaint; Jim already used two such lines in a row in this thread
> already.

Can we use a name that is not such a common homonym in
english?

thesaurus.com turns up these for use (n):

account, adoption, advantage, appliance, applicability, appropriateness, avail, bag, benefit, call, capitalization, cause, convenience, custom, employment, end, exercise, exertion, fitness, good, habit, handling, hang-up, help, helpfulness, kick, mileage, mobilization, necessity, need, object, occasion, operation, point, practice, profit, purpose, reason, relevance, service, serviceability, shot, thing, treatment, usability, usage, usefulness, utility, value, way, wont, worth

hmm, most of those are no good or not available.
bag?
shot?
usage?

--