[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 API Documentation tool

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Thu Jan 29 13:01:49 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I am proud to announce that I have just checked in the new Zope 3 API
Documentation tool, which provides powerful features to find information
about the Zope 3 framework.

You can access it via http://localhost:8080/++apidoc++

Due to philosophical differences between Jim and me, this tool will not
replace the introspector. The introspector's goal is to provide
documentation, but also allow to change configurations as you look at it. The
API documentation tool on the other hand concentrates purely on
documentation, but does not want to limit itself to inspecting interfaces and
classes. The tool is written in a way that it can be easily extended. As an
example I included a documentation module that provides a complete ZCML
reference, similar to the STX files in 'ZOPE3/doc/zcml/namespaces.zope.org/'.
I plan to also release an extension to the tool that will provide access to
the cookbook.

Enjoy and let me know any comments you might have!

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter