[Zope3-dev] RFC: Local Component Management Simplification

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Feb 2 12:53:54 EST 2006

On Thursday 02 February 2006 12:47, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > I like the proposal too, but if we start to allow utilities within the
> > content-space, this unregistering or reregistering should be highly
> > transparent for end-user.
> > Therefore it might be still usefull to provide a marker interface such
> > as ILocalUtility that can be triggered by little un/re-registering
> > framework using the annotation of an utility to remember its
> > registration-dependencies.
>
> It should be able to quert the components registry to determin it's
> registrations.

Yep, the current API is quiet good:

utility = ...
IRegistered(utility).registrations

Overall, I agree with Jim that the CA can be extended in the the outlined, but
I do like several features of the current way. And the way you interact on
the registration level is one of them, though I admit writing different
registration objects becomes old quickly, as we figured out this week working
on WebDev.

Regards,
Stephan
--