[Zope3-dev] RFC: Local Component Management Simplification

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Feb 3 12:45:42 EST 2006

On Friday 03 February 2006 07:17, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Good point.  I'm liking your proposal.  It deserves some more thought.
> However, another way to do the same thing woyuld be to allow ZCML to
> define multiple registries and have a way of saying that a site of a
> particular kind should use an additional ZCML-defined base registry.

Here is what I would like for the ZCML side of things; clearly the names are
pending:

<declareSite name="mysite" />

<site name="mysite" />
  <!-- normal directives here. -->
</site>

What should happen with the above> I imagine a simple mapping of several
sites; of course there is the default site, so that things are
backward-compatible. The "site" directive then sets a context variable and
then the directives are registered for that site instead the default.

Once all this is done, you can go into your UI and say which bases a local
site should have. This should allow one to perfectly customize a site for a
customer.

As I said before, I will develop a proposal in the following weeks.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter