[Zope3-dev] RFC: Local Component Management Simplification

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Feb 7 04:28:41 EST 2006

On Monday 06 February 2006 12:33, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> >No it is not. Explicit is better then implicit. "declareSite" creates a
> > new site in the sites mapping. We use this pattern for layers and skins
> > already.
>
> If it *creates* something why itn't its name "createSite"
> (rather than "declareSite").

As I said, the names were not set in stone. FRom my understanding of English
both are fine.

> And what does "site" as it apparently does not create nor declare a
> site?

It declares that all the configuration elements inside it are configuration
elements of this site. I originally wanted to add a new attribute to
configure called "site", but then I do not want to make configure the place
where we put all things that provide wrapper behavior. On the other hand,
defining the site of application is so fundamental that we should place it
there. So based on your suggestions:

<createSite name="mysite">

<configure
    xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"