[Zope3-dev] Selecting a code name

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Feb 7 09:56:42 EST 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:42:31PM +1100, Rob Jeschofnik wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> >"Mac OSX" in itself, on the other hand, was brilliant.
> >With one letter they managed to establish:
> >
> [...]
>
> Right... but that is a brand, not a codename.
> As I understand it, people are discussing things like "Tiger", and
> "Panther", to follow your example.

Both codenames and brands are under discussion here.

As I said before, I'm +0 on enhancing the brand,
-1 on adding release codenames.

IMO codenames make it harder, not easier, to talk about releases.
Which came first - Cheetah or Puma?  I submit that nobody but
a certified mac geek can answer that question without googling it.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com