[Zope3-dev] Hyping Zope3 contest? (was: Selecting a code name)

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Wed Feb 8 10:39:26 EST 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 7:53 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> Now, who can organise this hype-contest that everybody seemed tothink
> was a good idea?

It wasn't a mandate.  I got three kinds of responses (publicly and
privately):

1 Yes, go for it.

2 If we split it up so that it's not a website contest but a contest
for individual elements (logo, copy, concept, layout) then yes, go
for it.

3 We're already making an effort on something like this on the zope-
web list and elsewhere.  (I interpreted this as "no, don't do it".)

I think the split-up contest--response 2--that Joel Moxley proposed
on the list and others proposed privately to me sounds good.  If
others feel that it would stomp on their efforts, though, I'm not
thrilled about angering people who have already spent significant
time.  I'd like them to step up and be involved, at least to bless
the contest, and ideally to be a part of it.  If they don't want it,
then they should say so and see if we can work out a compromise.

We already have two logo entries.  :-)  If I don't see any
conversation or disagreement about this--or an offer from the ones
already working on this stuff to organize the contest--then I'll
propose an invitation email in a day or two.

Gary