[Zope3-dev] Re: Do we really want Zope 3 marketing talk isolated on zope-web?

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Wed Feb 8 11:11:49 EST 2006

Gary Poster wrote:

> I'm not sure shuffling the hype and Zope 3 marketing conversations to
> zope-web is a good idea.  I'm not trying to fix zope.org (eek), and  I'm
> not trying to improve the Zope 2 image (though that would be nice
> too).  I, and I think others, are interested in marketing Zope 3.
>
> As such, are we really such a big group that we should divide up onto  a
> *third* list (zope3-users, zope3-dev, and zope-web)?  I haven't  signed
> up there yet, myself.  I feel like going off isolates the  people
> working on the marketing stuff: new blood doesn't see the work  and
> possibly join in; and old easily-annoyed-and-unsubscribed-to-yet-
> another-freaking-list blood doesn't have visibility of the work.
>
> Yes, this has been a lot of email messages, but I'd rather hang out
> together.
>
> Thoughts?

'Zope-web' has always been the list to talk about zope websites related
stuff (there's just been zope.org until now).

If its about scope and implementation it should be on zope-web.

Working on marketing stuff (and i think you are talking about content
and direction here) could as well happen in zope3-dev or zope3-users lists.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org