[Zope3-dev] Re: Re: Who would use this crazy thing called Zope 3?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sat Feb 11 13:41:33 EST 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Now I'm
> told that the  ZODB is the de-facto way of storing content. Maybe soon
> the default may be  a filesystem. Mmm...

Whatever we do with the filesystem, it's not going to be as ambitious as
Ape.  Ape makes the filesystem appear as an object database, but that
turns out to be more complexity than most people want.  I think it'll be
more similar to CMF DirectoryViews.  Scripts and templates on the
filesystem that want to read/write data will probably use an object
database or RDBMS.

Shane