[Zope3-dev] Re: tal:define="..." considered harmful?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sun Feb 12 13:18:51 EST 2006

kit BLAKE wrote:
> In 'normal' tal we often refactor our defines to improve efficiency.
> When something is called more than once in a template, we define it at
> the beginning, and then use it multiple times. This improves
> performance dramatically of course.
> kit

On another note, I think that tal:define="" is the ugliest part of zpt.

If only it was possible to define which attributes could be set by a tal
expression, and then put the tal into the attribute itself, I would be
happier.

So instead if this:

    tal:attributes="href here/absolute_url;
                    title here/title;
                    id here/getId"
    tal:content="here/Title">Title</a>

I could write this:

    tal:attributes="href; id; title"
    tal:content="here/Title">Title</a>

All that would be needed for this syntax, is if an attribute in
tal:attributes didn't have a definition, it would look in the attribute
itself for the tal.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/